Please consider giving on a monthly basis. (this is easy on the donation page, just check the box to make your donation on a monthly basis)
Give to the LWVAZ Education Fund to fund our statewide Voter Education Project. This is very important because in 2012, the national voter turnout was 53.6% and only 46.5% in Arizona. Your League hopes to turn this around!
The LWV Arizona is the state organization for the Leagues around Arizona. LWVAZ coordinates and certifies all the projects using your donations to this 501c(3) organization. The LWVAZ Education Fund is separate from all the Leagues’ activities in that a special request must be made to certify that the Education Fund monies are used appropriately. This is a service provided by the LWVAZEF for local Leagues in Arizona and helps them in their community outreach efforts.
Your donations go directly toward strengthening our non-profit activities.
Items most important to the League of Women Voters of Arizona Education Fund in 2016 include:
- The 2016 VOTER GUIDE to inform voters about the critical issues on the 2016 ballot: Recreational Marijuana, Land Trust Monies, and more.
- We hope to print 100,000 copies of the 2016 VOTER GUIDE, both in English and Spanish.
- We have agreements with the Arizona Community Action Assn., libraries, and other statewide organizations to distribute the 2016 VOTER GUIDES in 45 cities and to tribes in Arizona.
- VOTER GUIDES will be on the websites of the 5 local Leagues and LWVAZ.ORG.
- Get Out the Vote (GOTV) messages and reminders urging citizens to go to the polls, to vote and to return their mail-in ballots.
- We have produced Public Service Announcements (PSA’s) with important Get Out the Vote messages that are ready to go out to all Arizona TV and Radio markets once funds are raised.
- We will also use social media — Twitter and Facebook — to communicate these important voter messages.
- With sufficient funding, we can purchase GOTV “ads” in Movie Theaters across the state prior to the Primary and General Elections.
And we will continue to prepare and distribute issue background papers for use in community forums, League member education events, and for the Arizona voters on:
including understanding: barriers to registering to vote, the integrity of the early voting processes, ease and accessibility to the voting process, and the current independent redistricting process.
Money in Politics
including understanding the current campaign finance laws, options for better disclosure laws, continuing updates on Arizona’s Clean Election.
Education Funding and Education Standards
A strong economy requires a public education system that is adequately funded and enhances the equal opportunity of all students. A better understanding of the current funding system and options for a more stable funding system is an important priority. The importance of government-mandated tests that are well-crafted, meaningful, and well-matched with the Arizona Standards is our goal. This is the standard we will use to better understand the implementation of Common Core.
LWVAZEF will continue to educate League members and voters on these additional issues:
Money in Politics
LWVAZEF will continue its mission by informing Arizonans about:
- Candidate’s positions on pertinent issues with forums, publications, and event-hosting
- Voting logistics during election times including voter drives and information services
- The importance of civic participation in government by the people, for the people
The League of Women Voters of Arizona Education Fund conducts voter service and citizen education activities. It is a nonpartisan nonprofit public policy educational organization, which:
- Builds citizen participation in the democratic process.
- Studies key community issues at all government levels in an unbiased manner.
- Enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
LWVAZ Education Fund a 501 c(3) organization
LWVAZEF is a nonpartisan not-for-profit that supports projects throughout Arizona. Our projects include Voter Guides, Voter Education, Community Building, and a Speakers Bureau
Pursuant to the Internal Revenue Code Section 170(f)(8), I certify that the League of Women Voters of Arizona did not provide any goods or services in whole or partial consideration of the above contribution. The League of Women Voters of Arizona Education Fund is a tax-exempt non-profit corporation with IRS Business EIN, an organization exempt from tax under IRS Code 501(c)(3). Retain this letter as documentation for income tax purposes.